What is a specialty dentist? This dental practitioner provides advanced procedures beyond the preventive, restorative and cosmetic services found at general dentistry practices. In his Wynnewood, PA, office Dr. Dominic Baglivo offers the latest in prosthodontics--the dental specialty known for state of the art tooth replacements, such as dental implants as well as endodontics and periodontics. Learn what specialty dentists provide and what they can do for you.
The general dentist
The services provided by a general dentist are indispensable to oral health, smile longevity and personal appearance. Routine cleanings and examinations, X-rays, fillings, crowns, teeth whitening, bonding and more ensure children, teens and adults of bright, vibrant smiles which last. Dr. Dominc Baglivo offers a wide array of general dentistry services and individualized care plans customized to each patient's needs and preferences.
Dr. Baglivo also has developed a technological skillset which includes use of:
- Waterlase instruments for more comfortable dental fillings
- The i-CAT scanner, which renders three-dimensional digital images of both hard and soft oral tissues
- Cam-X Spectra Cavities Detection which uses special light technology to uncover tooth decay and oral cancer
Your specialty dentist
Specialty dentists offer additional services in several areas. Dr. Baglivo is expert in prosthodontics, or tooth replacements such as dental implants, dental crowns, dentures and bridgework.
Other areas of service include:
- Endodontics, or root canal therapy. Endodontics is used in saving teeth compromised by decay, injury, malformation or infection.
- Periodontics, or treatment of gum disease. To counter the ravages of inflamed and infected gums. This includes maintenance services such as root planing and tooth scaling, laser debridement of gum tissue, bone and gum grafting, pocket reduction and more. Periodontics can also address cosmetic issues such as gummy smiles.
- Oral surgery, or correction of acquired and congenital dental defects. Includes procedures such as bone grafts for dental implants, and extraction of impacted teeth and more.
What's your need?
Whatever you require for optimal oral health, function and appearance, Dr. Dominic Baglivo and his team will help you achieve it. Call for a consultation: (610) 642-0259.